help... dns www redirect and virtual host

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Thu Jan 13 19:30:36 UTC 2005

> To: comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
> From: rank <rankd at dd.com>
> Subject: Re: help... dns www redirect and virtual host
> Date: 13 Jan 2005 09:50:07 +0100
>

> > This isn't a DNS thing; you would need to go into the webserver and
have
> > it recognize www.domain.com as a ServerAlias (...in Apache) for
> > space.domain2.com.
>

> I know and what I can do?

For starters, you might use an address that accepts mail.  I tried
sending you info on how to do what you wanted, but it bounced.

www.domain.com  IN CNAME space.domain2.com

And set up the server.

Apache and web server setup is not part of BIND.  You need to ask in a
web related group...  Sorry!

Regards,
Gregory hicks

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin