Wrong glue records entered.

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jan 19 05:40:26 UTC 2005

In article <csjj1s$aun$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "kirkgbr at yahoo(dot)com" <kirkgbr at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Barry,
>
> As a side bar, could you give us an example of the script which went
> out and checked these delegations.

What do you mean by "an example"?  Do you mean you want a copy of the
script?  I don't have it, as I no longer work there.  I didn't write
this particular script, so I can't easily recreate it.  And it was
heavily dependent on the Informix database that we used to build our DNS
configurations.

> I know that the name servers which I support have many zones in our
> config which we are not authoritative for.  I have been trying my best
> to come up with a way to properly check this information without
> hammering the whois servers.

We didn't touch the whois servers, we queried DNS to get delegation
records.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA