BIND 9 question

Michael Linval Mlinval at css.edu
Wed Jan 19 14:30:08 UTC 2005

I am running RedHat Enterprise ES and using their dns config tool.

Basically I need to figure out if I need to create a separate zone for
each used subnet of our class b or if I can use one zone for all.  When
creating the reverse master zone the tool asks the ip address for the
zone.  It expects a class c address.

Michael Linval
WAN Manager
College of St. Scholastica
Duluth, MN
218 723-5914

In article <csjt9v$1bh3$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "Michael Linval" <Mlinval at css.edu> wrote:

> I am in the process of migrating from BIND 8 to BIND 9 and have run
> into an issue I cant seem to resolve.  When creating the reverse
lookup
> file it asks for xxx.xxx.xxx for the file creation.  We have a class
> ip license and I need to service multiple class C subnets.
>
> I am very new to BIND so I hope Im not asking a stupid question.

What do you mean by "it asks for xxx.xxx.xxx"?  BIND doesn't ask you
for
anything, you configure everything manually in the named.conf file.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA