strange problem

Rob Genovesi rob at coastside.net
Wed Jan 26 01:47:40 UTC 2005

I knew you were going to ask that, don't know why I didn't just include it
in the original email.

ns1.cayne.com is the hostname in question.

It may be important that this is the primary DNS server for the domain
"cayne.com" as well.  Other host entries in the domain (ie "www.cayne.com")
continue to resolve even after ns1.cayne.com quits - so long as the name
was already resolved before ns1.cayne.com stop working (but I think once
"www.cayne.com" expires from cache it cannot be resolved again until named
is killed/restarted).

-Rob