dns entry for top domain name

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jan 27 22:48:57 UTC 2005

John wrote:

>well.i do want to resolve <everything>.foo.com  as well..thats why i
>had the wildcard there..
>
>but like you said..the
>
>foo.com. in a 192.168.1.2
>
>line should resolve foo.com right?
>
>how come its not?
>
>as of now i can resolve   blah.foo.com, but not foo.com

Are you sure you removed the correct line? We have A records at the apex
of zones all over the place. See, for example, axlealliance.com.
blah.foo.com, on the other hand, shouldn't resolve unless there's an
explicit record for it, or a wildcard entry.

Perhaps it would be useful for you to post your zone file.

- Kevin