keeping delegation of a subpart of a delegated subdomain

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jul 21 00:23:14 UTC 2005

In article <dbm0i5$deh$1 at sf1.isc.org>, "Hello" <hello at hello.net> wrote:

> So you mean there is absolutely no way for me to delegate a domain, and keep
> control of a subdomain within that domain, without the goodwill of the
> delegated guy ?

You can create a zone on your server for the subdomain.  But this will
only work reliably for clients that are pointing directly to your
server.  Clients working their way down from the root will not know
about your server, because the server for the intermediate domain won't
refer them to you.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA