keeping delegation of a subpart of a delegated subdomain

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Thu Jul 21 16:28:13 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 02:25:29PM +0200, Hello wrote:
> So you mean there is absolutely no way for me to delegate a domain, and keep
> control of a subdomain within that domain, without the goodwill of the
> delegated guy ?

As mentioned, no, that is what delegation means.

If you NEED NEED NEED to retain control, then you must retain control of
delegated.domain.net, delegate john.delegated.domin.net to yourself, and
delegate subdomains of the UNdelegated delegated.domain.net to the
other.  Which is not really the same thing at all, of course.

I hope your e-mail address doesn't bounce, I really hate when that
happens on a mailing list, even one mirrored to a newsgroup.  ;-\

--
Joe Yao