Setting up a DNS caching server with Fedora 4

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 18:40:38 UTC 2005

For dumping the cache, you can use rndc dumpdb; it will dump the
server's cache contents in a file; by default, I think it's called
named_dump.db and it's saved in BIND's working directory (specified in
named.conf using the 'directory' directive).

What does your named.conf look like? And how are you using dig to
query your local nameserver?

Check out the BIND administrator manual, btw. You'll find the answers
for some of your questions there.

http://www.bind9.net/manuals