(no subject)

David Botham DBotham at OptimusSolutions.com
Wed May 4 16:01:17 UTC 2005

bind-users-bounce at isc.org wrote on 05/04/2005 05:16:52 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems with Bind 9.3.1 acting as a slave with a Windows
Server
> 2003 master
>
> I've spent the last few days trawling through google and archives
without
> much luck (for some bizarre reason most sites assume i'm upgrading to
> Microsoft not integrating with!), so am posting here now in the hope
that
> someone can offer a pointer.
>
> The problem is that when I request that bind makes a new zone transfer
> (AXFR), it doesn't always happen. The same problem occurs when using
dig. If
> I leave bind running then sometimes within 40 minutes or so it will
> sucessfully make a transfer, but not always.
>
> Looking at the Windows Server 2003 system log, the bind box does
actually
> try and make the request and windows does reply. Looking at syslog on
the
> bind box it makes the request, but times out recieving an answer.

In the words of the of the most learned and very wise Barry S. Finkel:

"But if you are using MS multi-master DNS, be sure to read MS KB article
282826."

This article may be what you are up against...

hth,

Dave...

[clip...]