Underscores in Host Names

R.D. rdwyer at quick-link.com
Wed May 18 00:46:37 UTC 2005

Hello all.
We have a client containing an underscore in the email address domain
name.  Our email server rejects it because of it's violation of the RFC
standard.  This individuals claim is that he doesn't have problems
anywhere else and if this is going to be a problem he's "going to take
his business elsewhere"!

I understand it's a violation of the standard, but does it pose a
security hole to the email server to allow this sort of mail?
Shouldn't this individual be experiencing probelms elsewhere. . . . I
doubt I am the only one.

Thanks