bind 9.3.1 crashes during start

Ardo van Rangelrooij avrangelrooij at lucent.com
Mon May 30 22:59:29 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm all of a sudden getting the following assert when starting BIND v9.3.1:

   rbt.c:1612: INSIST(child != ((void *)0)) failed

It was working without any problems whatsoever last week using several different configurations.

I trimmed the configuration down to only loading the zones 0.in-addr.arpa/IN and 127.in-addr.arpa/IN but I keep getting the same result.

Any thoughts on why all of a sudden this might be popping up?

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij      LSS Management Interface, Security and IP Networking
Lucent Technologies                   http://ih6g2-twiki1.ih.lucent.com/~ardo/