two nameserver, two ip, one host problem.

Glen Pakosch glen.bind at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 8 22:34:12 UTC 2005

Hello
Here is Glen in the name of Sven trying to make the problem clearer.

It is requested from us to have two nameservers for our ip's. We have just
one (physical) server so the two nameservers have to run on the same
machine.

In the conf file are the following lines:

-------

query-source adress * 53;

 controls {

inet 127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1> port 954 allow { localhost; };

};

-------

If we change them there are two different results:

1) The nameserver will not start at all. OR

2) the nameserver starts but ignores the changes and further uses the 53 and
954 and the problem occurs that the two nameservers prevent each other from
working properly.