a question on view [bind9]

per engelbrecht per at xterm.dk
Tue Oct 4 09:59:28 UTC 2005

Hi list

[i386 / BSD / bind_9.2.1]

I'm setting up views on a pair of public master/slave but can't from the
documentation (bind9arm) read if/if_not localhost and it's arpa file
should be included in BOTH zonefile lists i.e. both views ?
So fare I've included them in both set of [include] files,  but would
like it done right. What are you guys doing ?

Note: "DNS and BIND" + "DNS & BIND Cookbook" both advertises the use of
'recursion no;' for external view, while bind9arm uses 'allow-recursion
{ internals; externals; };' for external view.
The 'externals' has an acl of 'any;' giving 'recursion yes;' ....
However, if I use 'recursion no;' nothing works.
"Well set it to yes then, stupid" you might think, but I don't like the
idea of having recursion yes; for the public.
Maybe I've read it wrong, but 'recursion no;' gives a non-working result
  no matter what.
Any feedback is appreciated (thank you).

/per
per at xterm.dk