Setting up My own Dyn DNS Servers

Vic Herrera petar at dttusa.com
Sat Oct 8 00:26:03 UTC 2005

Ok,
After an hour of googling (sp) I am having trouble finding some decent howto's on setting up your own Dyn DNS server and Clients. Everything is proprietary or the clients cost money or something.

The scenario is , I have a webserver at a given location, running Win2k pro, running a web enabled DVR system. The clients typically have a DSL line connected with a cheap router doing a little port forwarding.

I have a domain and server I will only use for that, I have the bind 9 server up and running and I need a client and a howto that will allow me to define the server and a key or some type of auth.

Does anyone know of a client and howto that might be of help in this situation?

Thanks

Vic