bind 9.1.3 Windows 2003

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Tue Sep 6 19:39:22 UTC 2005

At 09:55 AM 9/3/2005, mr_dom_is at hotmail.com wrote:
>Hi
>
>I am running Bind server 9.1.3 on Windows 2003 no service pack
>installed
>
>I only have 4 SOA records, and I don't allow recursive queries.
>
>I have noticed that the named process runs at 25% CPU, which seems a
>little excessive.

By the way, we have a similar box running Windows Server 2003 w/SP1
and BIND 9.3.1 (Dell 2850), and the CPU load averages no more than 3%
with over 2000 domains... unless you are starting BIND.

>The machine is a dual processor power edge 1850. Xeon, so I am thinking
>this is a little strange, or it is normal
>
>Is there anyway to monitor what Bind is actually doing?

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of
fear" -- Mark Twain