syncronizing 2 dns server (windows/linux)

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Mon Sep 26 04:45:35 UTC 2005

Josh Hyles wrote:
> or something with chapters and such.

The "guy" who listed the whole directory is the principal maintainer of
the BIND code. The Windows version came about because of a requirement
to do so. We do not, however, expect every Windows user to install or
use it since it requires at least a basic understanding of how DNS works
and how it gets used.

  I do have the DNS & BIND book, even in
> PDF format, but I didn't find what I wanted to know in there. It just seems
> disorganized. Much like the rest of the linux community. I don't mean that
> as a negative thing, I just think the reason windows is doing so well in
> terms of usability and shear number of users is because one company came
> together and made one(shitty) piece of software :-) This is totally OT, but
> my point is, it would be nice for a couple how-to's to exist, or better
> docs. And if I've just stuck my foot in my mouth because I didn't read
> something right, or there are good docs that I'm not seeing, then, I do
> apologize.

There are plenty of HOW-TO's out there. I used a linux one when I first
started to look at BIND to figure out how to set it up. I just
AltaVista'd for it. That was years ago before Google became popular.

Danny