Rollover?? Help pls!

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 23:17:24 UTC 2005

On Thursday 2005-September-29 16:41, Henry wrote:
> Submitting a domain to dnsreport.com I get this:
>
> WARNING:

Warning, it says. This is not an error.

> Your SOA serial number is: 1128029114. That is OK, but the

"That is OK," it goes on to say.

> recommended format (per RFC1912 2.2) is YYYYMMDDnn, where 'nn' is the
> revision. For example, if you are making the 3rd change on 02 May
> 2000, you would use 2000050203. This number must be incremented every
> time you make a DNS change.

There's the recommendation.

> Your SOA serial appears to be the number of seconds since midnight 01
> Jan 1970 when the last DNS change was made (tinydns format). That
> works out to be Thu Sep 29 17:25:14 2005 GMT.

Almost 6 hours ago at this writing.

> Could anyone pls tell me how to fix this? step by step? I've been

How could the example above be made more explicit? "YYYY" means a four-
digit year. "MM" means a two-digit month. "DD" means a two-digit day.

> told something about rollover but I just got blind trying to
> understand how to fix it.

Rollover? Huh? This is about the formatting of the zone serial number.
And it is only a recommendation. Is there some other, real, problem?
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header