Problems with BIND from RHN

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Sat Apr 1 20:31:32 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 05:27:47PM +0200,
 Hans <nobody at nopes.nl> wrote
 a message of 15 lines which said:

> There is no options file with bind9.
> The only config file there is the named.conf.

He uses Debian and on Debian, by default, the BIND package comes with
a "named.conf.options", included by "named.conf" (the idea is that the
local sysadmin edits only "named.conf.options", simplifying merges
with new named.conf which may come later).

> The Internet root cache is compiled in.
> So there is no need to define and to supply it.

I love this list, I never realized that there is a static char
root_ns[], thanks. But, anyway, having a root hints file certainly is
better if there have been changes since you compiled BIND, no? (Or if
you use ORSN, like I do at home.)