DNS dynamic updates do not propgate to new BIND 9.2.3 erver

bob_a_booie bob_a_booie at excite.com
Tue Apr 18 08:24:08 UTC 2006

DNS gurus:

I am configuring a DNS server running BIND 9.2.3 on the new server
dnsprd4
dnsprd1 is the master DNS server for test1.com zone

The new server  is a slave to the internal DNS server and configured
identicaly to slave server dnsprd2 with the exception of being on a
remote
network

dnsprd2 has been working fine so I basicaly copied over the
/etc/named.conf
to dnsprd4 and the zone files where transfered over when named came up.

DNS dynamic updates do not propgate to this new server
further upon testing the following is noted

Note: dnsprd2 and dsnprd1 are on the same subnet but dnsprd4 is on a
remote network
There is a firewall  between the 2 networks

If I run  this nslookup command from dnsprd4 command line:
#nslookup  test123.test.com dnsprd1.test1.com
** server can't find test123: NXDOMAIN

If I run  this nslookup command from dnsprd4 command line I get the
correct result:
#nslookup  test123.test.com dnsprd2.test1.com

test123.test1.com   canonical name = dpc123.test1.com.
Name:   dpc123.test1.com
Address: x.x.x.x

however if I run  this nslookup command from dnsprd2 command line I
also I get the correct result:
#nslookup  test123.test.com dnsprd1.test1.com

The problem of not receiving Dynamic updates occurs in mor then 1 DNS
zone

TIA
bob_a_booie