sending updates from windows 2k3 DNS to BIND

Will Yardley &- at no.spam.veggiechinese.net
Wed Apr 19 19:00:12 UTC 2006

Sorry if this question is dumb or missing information - I'm not at all a
Windows / AD type person.

Is there any way to have a Windows DNS server and AD domain controller
"push" dynamic updates for the AD-specific stuff (the SRV / WKS records
AD uses internally)? I imagine it's not too hard to have the DC push DNS
updates for the individual hosts, but is it possible to have it send
updates for more central information?

For various reasons, I'm not allowed to open up traffic back to where
the Windows DC is, so the main (BIND) DNS servers would need to be
configured to accept (incoming) updates somehow.

Is there any other way I can do some sort of "push" (rather than pull)
transfer, without writing some kludgy scripts to do it for me?