loosing packets

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Thu Apr 20 18:26:26 UTC 2006

>> Increasing the Buffersize from 2 MB to 4 MB didn't change anything.

> Are you certain that named isn't making a setsockopt() call of its own
> to set the SO_RCVBUF size?  Might want to fire-up truss and trace the
> system calls being made at startup.  Unless there is another way to
> see the SO_RCVBUF size of a given socket.

And that if it _is_ making a setsockopt() SO_RCVBUF call that the size
isn't being clipped by a system tunable?  That can happen silently.

One of these days I'll have to go checking the named source to see if
it makes a getsockopt() call after the setsockopt() to see that it got
at least as much as it requested...

rick jones