error messages

Martyn Clark Martyn.Clark at portwebsolutions.co.uk
Sat Apr 22 09:41:39 UTC 2006

Hi I am receiving the following errors in my log file:
Insecure zones (dynamic update allowed by IP address):
    portwebsolutions.co.uk: 3 Time(s)
    portwebsolutions.net: 3 Time(s)

 **Unmatched Entries**
    /etc/named.conf:80: when using 'view' statements, all zones must be in
views: 3 Time(s)
    client 80.4.17.121 view external: updating zone
'portwebsolutions.net/IN': adding an RR at 'RugRat.portwebsolutions.net' A:
1 Time(s)
    client 80.4.17.121 view external: updating zone
'portwebsolutions.net/IN': adding an RR at 'Server.portwebsolutions.net' A:
4 Time(s)
    client 80.4.17.121 view external: updating zone
'portwebsolutions.net/IN': adding an RR at 'stompy.portwebsolutions.net' A:
6 Time(s)
    client 80.4.17.121 view external: updating zone
'portwebsolutions.net/IN': deleting rrset at 'Server.portwebsolutions.net'
A: 4 Time(s)
    client 80.4.17.121 view external: updating zone
'portwebsolutions.net/IN': error: journal open failed: unexpected error: 8
Time(s)
    client 80.4.17.40 view external: updating zone
'portwebsolutions.net/IN': adding an RR at 'Server.portwebsolutions.net' A:
10 Time(s)
    client 80.4.17.40 view external: updating zone
'portwebsolutions.net/IN': deleting rrset at 'Server.portwebsolutions.net'
A: 10 Time(s)
    client 80.4.17.40 view external: updating zone
'portwebsolutions.net/IN': error: journal open failed: unexpected error: 10
Time(s)
    journal file portwebsolutions.net.zone.jnl does not exist, creating it:
19 Time(s)
    portwebsolutions.net.zone.jnl: create: permission denied: 18 Time(s)

I know the errors for unmatched entries the ones that I do not fully
understand are the first one insecure zone, and about the journal file
failed to open or does not exist. Also I am using views and where it states
that when using 'views' all zones must be in views: does this mean that in
the named.conf you have only two parts internal and external? And no zones
what so ever outside on these views. Can anyone shed some light on these
errors form me.

Kind Regards Martyn