Different results for nslookup on different OS on the same system

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Tue Aug 8 23:37:13 UTC 2006

nslookup on Windows and from the BIND package are two different
pieces of software with the same name - they split a long time ago,
and now have somewhat different feature sets and behaviors.

However, what you're showing us here is just two different
workstation configurations - each one is using a different resolving
name server.

Chris Buxton
Men & Mice