Different results for nslookup on different OS on the same system

Paul Colquhoun postmaster at andor.dropbear.id.au
Tue Aug 8 22:39:04 UTC 2006

On 7 Aug 2006 16:52:26 -0700, oneders <oneders at gmail.com> wrote:
| I just typed
| nslookup in both Unix as well as WinXP prompts and following are the
| results which I got
| In Unix:
| nslookup
| Default Server:  lurch.cns.syr.edu
| Address:  128.230.12.5
|
| In WinXP:
| H:\>nslookup
| Default Server:  pitana.ad.ecs.syr.edu
| Address:  128.230.208.13

Those are the IP addresses of the DNS server mentioned in the line
above. All this means is that the WinXP and Unix environments have
different default DNS servers configured.

--
Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC.    http://andor.dropbear.id.au/~paulcol
     Asking for technical help in newsgroups?  Read this first: