DNS zone to host only certain records & forward other requests to other DNS Servers.

Manjunath H N Manjunath.hn at mphasis.com
Wed Aug 9 07:48:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

We have a dedicated Network connectivity with one of our clients. All
the traffic between the client & us is through this dedicated link. We
access a few of their Web Servers inside our network & the request goes
via Internet as they are publically available Web servers.

How do I route these specific IP's to go via the dedicated N/W
connectivity rather than on the internet.

We have a split brain DNS, so I configured the client domain zone name
on our internal DNS servers, & created records for the Web servers, but
the problem in this is, all requests with the client domain name
created, it tries to search on our internal DNS & the request fails. How
can I achieve this using DNS, I want this to be a permanent solution
also.

Any pointers to this is highly appreciated.

In this scenario even the mail flow to that particular domain had a
problem, for which I created a separate Mailer Table on our MTA for this
domain & the mail issue is solved.

TIA
Manjunath H N