h2n-style tool

Alex Stade alex at trdlnk.com
Tue Aug 29 01:28:43 UTC 2006

I'm looking for a tool, much like h2n that I could run from my NIS
Makefile. The problem is that I need to produce a number of zones and
many of them are CIDR delegated. In addition, I need to have a "lookup"
zone which I can search and find CNAME RRs for my hosts in the various
delegated zones.

Thus I don't need a search directive in my resolv.conf on my clients
that has 200+ entries.

Any suggestions for such a tool would be greatly appreciated. If h2n is
that tool, I may have misunderstood its capabilities and I am happy to
use that.

Thanks in advance.

-Alex