zone transfer from bind to microsoft

keith.nieman at SLU.EDU keith.nieman at SLU.EDU
Tue Aug 29 19:33:10 UTC 2006

Hi!

i am running BIND 9.2.3rc2 on Mandrake Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586.
i am zone transferring a file to a windows2000server running
microsoft windows dns.

i can zone transfer from my mandrake machine to three other
mandrake hosts running that version of bind and to another
host running BIND 9.2.1 on Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche).

whenever i up the serial number and restart named dns on
the primary server it automajically sends the zone transfer file
to those four hosts.

the systems guy in charge of the windows box can pull a zone transfer
from me when he clicks on the pull tab.

the windows box is on a different ip network in case i matters.

is there one more thing i need to add or he needs to add to make
it automajically go from my mandrake box to his windows box
when i restart named.

thanks for any pointers...

please reply
to niemankj at slu.edu or keith.nieman at slu.edu