Changing output of bind

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Dec 11 14:21:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 02:10:35PM +0000,
 Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists) <andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk> wrote
 a message of 67 lines which said:

> I believe you can use a "wildcard" entry in your zone file - search
> the lists/Internet, but I'm sure you can set a wildcard so if a
> domain isn't found, the wildcard'd record will be returned.

Wildcards have semantics which may be suprising for the beginner. For
instance, they do not match if there are record with data of another
type.

(You can play with ".museum", which have wildcards. Test
anythingwhichdoesnotexist.museum and louvre.museum.)