Changing output of bind

Mon Dec 11 20:58:38 UTC 2006

Roland,

Please don't copy Marc in, this was a mistake on my part!  If he wanted
to join in on DNS problems I'm sure he'd join the list! :)

Why, exactly, do you want to have a catch-all for all domains?  You
could have a single zone file for all domains your DNS server is
authoritative for, but if you want to re-direct all web lookups to a
single IP, I think you'd be better looking at the networking side of
things (ie. NATting all traffic on port 80 to 195.110.192.3)

I don't believe this is something Bind can easily do.

Andy.

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834