Changing output of bind

Mon Dec 11 22:31:26 UTC 2006

Hi,
>> Even domains you do not manage? You want to tinker with the resolver
>> so it never replies "No such domain" but always give back an IP
>> address? If so:
>>

> the answer is 'yes'

If it's only for domains your customers register, why give back the same
answer for ALL domains?
> the problem is:
> to register for a domain you need a 'working' dns
> many (if not most) of the customers aren't able to configure their dns
> right - which might result in a loss of a domain

Can your company not provide this for them?  All it'd require is an
overall template you apply to each domain you register.
Of course having more information about what it is your company does
would help things.
> so for getting the first acquisition step done this might help
> of course it has no 'productive' use and maybe isn't a really god idea

Again, why would you do this for ALL domains, and not just your
authoritative domains?
> and that brings us back to me very first question:
> where's the best place to hack the source ?!

If you edit the source, you risk breaking your company's DNS
infrastructure, and possibly any external hosts who depend on it as
well.  Be very careful.

Andy