question regarding "glue domains"

Barry Margolin barmar at
Sat Feb 4 03:52:42 UTC 2006

In article <ds17h4$123f$1 at>,
 "John MacKenzie" <john at> wrote:

> Barry Margolin, in reply to my original post,  refers to the PARENT
> zone. Is this parent zone , the mydomain zone?

If your domain is, and the nameserver is, 
you need a glue record in the com domain.  You accomplish this by 
registering the server with your domain registrar.

Barry Margolin, barmar at
Arlington, MA
*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
*** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***

More information about the bind-users mailing list