Help on slave

ROB robsia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 18:06:48 UTC 2006

I have a master and a slave server. It's in my undertanding that notify
is 'yes' by default so with a rndc reload should work.

1. I transfer the .conf file to the slave with zones for slaves ponting
to the master ip.
2. I run rndc reload both on the master and slave
3. In master logs i see "notifies" and the serial on the master is
higher
4. On the slave i see "received notify for zone xxxx"
5. In the slave log file I see "notifies" with the serial (lower than
the one on master)

The zone on the slave is not the right one :(((
I have a 1 day refresh but it should not affect with the notify method.
Right?

Any help would much appreciated.

Thank you.