bind9 with geodns patch

saravanan ganapathy sarav_gsa at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 15:45:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

As per the document in
http://www.caraytech.com/geodns/ , I have applied the
geodns patch on bind9 and configured. It works well
and I am getting different IP address depends on
various locations.

Now I need to run bind9 in chroot.I have configured
chroot and when I run bind9 in chroot, the geodns
functionality is not working. I am getting the same ip
address irrespective of the location.

My chroot path is /dns
I have installed geoip inside /dns only. The query log
looks as follows

queries: info: client 64.41.142.253#42659: view other:
query: news.sarav.net IN A +
queries: info: client 203.199.211.105#42659: view
other: query: news.sarav.net IN A +

The query gets response from the view called 'other'
where match-clients { any;} .

I tried lot to debug , but couldn't.

Pls help me to fix the issue.

Sarav