Compiling Bind 9.3.2 on Solaris 10

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jul 3 03:32:20 UTC 2006

In <e89v12$1jlq$1 at sf1.isc.org> Mike Diggins <diggins at McMaster.CA> writes:

>I'm trying to compile bind 9.3.2 on Sun Sparc Solaris 10. When I run
>'./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bind --enable-threads' I get the
>following error:

>checking whether linking with OpenSSL works... no
>configure: error: Could not run test program using OpenSSL from
>/usr/local/ssl/lib and /usr/local/ssl/include.
>Please check the argument to --with-openssl and your
>shared library configuration (e.g., LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

>If I uninstall the package 'openssl-0.9.8b-sol10-sparc-local' then run
>configure it works. Any idea what it wants?

That's pretty clear - your OpenSSL installation is broken.  The
configure log should provide more details.  On Solaris 10, the native
OpenSSL version is openssl-0.9.7d, located in /usr/sfw.  If that's
suitable, there should be a configure option to tell it to look there
for OpenSSL.  `configure --help' should describe it.