Delegating issue

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Fri Jul 28 19:06:12 UTC 2006

It can't be done, neither with a CNAME record nor with delegation.
The server that handles the test.com zone must know the answer for
the address of test.com.

The best you can do is to set up a separate web server (or virtual
host) for test.com that redirects all such requests to www.test.com.

If web browsers supported SRV records, I could give you a better
answer, but they don't.

Chris Buxton
Men & Mice