bind newbie

S t i n g r a y fasi_74 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 08:13:11 UTC 2006

Well this is the first time i am trying to use bind
now this is a bit confusing for me as i come from a
Windows background,
i try man page for named.conf & some other docs but i
cant seem to get the picture here ..

basically i have configured a cache only named server
, but on the same server i want to register a domain
called mydomain.local & 4 A records

10.0.0.2 my mailserver.mydomain.local
10.0.0.3 my firewall.mydomain.local
10.0.0.4 my webserver but this i want to come on my
domain.local not webserver.mydomain.local

i would greatly appriciate help
thanks