Impact on applicatons : authoritative Vs non-authoritative replies from named

blrmaani blrmaani at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 01:45:50 UTC 2006

Dear all,
  What impact will it have on my applications if the nameserver
I am using return a non-authoritative answer instead of authoritative
answer?

The reason I am asking this question is that we are using a
nameserver ( which was configured as a slave earlier ) and
is converted to a cache-only server now.

I checked few topics related to this in this news group but
still curious to know in detail the exact impact on the
applications...

thanks
regards
blr