"zone already exists" error preventing reload

William R. Dickson lackey at manoutoftime.org
Tue Mar 7 15:19:40 UTC 2006

On Mar 6, 2006, at 3:14 PM, Gregory Hicks wrote:

> Taking Mark's comment (below) into account, the following command
> should be:
>
> root at oak#  grep -i foo.com named.conf
>
> to make the search case InSeNsItIvE...

This was indeed the issue. It didn't occur to me because the script
we use to add domains lowercases all the input before making its
changes...I haven't seen a mixed-case domain get into our system for
years. Turns out one of our new guys went in and made his changes by
hand.

Thanks for the help!

-Bill