Logging Problems

bdyslm at comcast.net bdyslm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 14 16:25:37 UTC 2006

A customer of mine is having the following issues configuring logging on his server.

Can anyone help me figure out what the issue is? Hopefully there is enough info here.

I implemented the changes to named.conf as instructed. howver, I see the following error in the "messages" file:

Mar 13 22:44:54 sundns named[171]: [ID 866145 daemon.error] /etc/named.conf:33:
unknown logging category 'statistics' ignored

the files query.log and stats.log have been created, so far of size 0.

rndc Version: 9.2.2rc1

Thanks,
Chris