Logging Problems

Mike Partyka mpartyka at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 19:08:51 UTC 2006

I don't have my BIND book handy but i beleive the statistics category was
valid with BIND 8 but no longer with BIND 9 since you dumps stats using
"rndc stats" command. I dump my stats out with rndc using a cron job that
redirects into a file such as /var/log/stats.log.
And query logging has to be toggled on using command "rndc querylog".

HTH
Mike