Documentation for PgSQLDB SDB

nocturnal nocturnal at swehack.se
Fri Mar 24 08:02:50 UTC 2006

Hi

After i posted my last e-mail i found more information in the pgsqldb.c
file and now i'm compiling zonetodb.c but it stops because it can't find
the library with the result_check function. I've compiled with -ldns
-lcrypto -lisc -lpq and this is the only error i get.
zonetodb.o(.text+0x44c): In function `main':
contrib/sdb/pgsql/zonetodb.c:168: undefined reference to `result_check'

A lot of people have been saying that the pgsqldb driver is not any
good. I intend to use it at work for a few thousand zones only because i
want a simple way to update, delete and add zones using a graphical
control panel application. So far the application i've made is ran by a
bunch of perl scripts that make sure everything is updated properly on
the master and then i mount the slaves zone file using nfs onto the
slaves and use rndc to signal them. An alternative someone showed me was
using nsupdate. Which would you recommend for a production environment
with over 3000 zones?

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal
[Swehack] http://swehack.se