my isp is blocking my IP address

Bernard bernarda at onebox.com
Mon May 8 21:49:43 UTC 2006

Hi all I'm in a situation where my isp has upgrades their adsl system
such that my modem logs into their router and their router connects me
to the net using a private ip address.

When I ping the router's address I get a timed out message so in fact
 there is no way of directly connecting to my computer from the net
using an ip address.

I need this in order to remotely connect to my video surveillance
system at home from  my work place, in the absence of getting a static
ip address (which is a bit pricy ) what can I do???

Thanks,
Bernard