Unexcpected token with query-source-v6

Ralf Durkee rd at rd1.net
Mon May 15 15:58:23 UTC 2006

I already had a global option in my named.conf as

query-source address 10.1.2.4;              // Not the actual ip address.

Which was working fine, but I noticed the IPv6 UDP client port was still
using INADDR_ADDY (*), so I tried adding

 query-source-v6 address { none; };

right after the existing query-source and it reported an unexpected
token.  I'm using BIND 9.3.1 which does include query-source-v6 in the
man page.   I've resorted to adding the -4 command line option, so I
guess I've accomplished what I was after, but am curious if the
"query-source-v6 address" works,  what would be the proper syntax for
it. I haven't found any examples.
Thanks,

-- Ralf Durkee, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH
Principal Security Consultant