named query log rotation based on time, not size

Jeff Johnson jeffjohn at mts.net
Mon May 15 20:10:06 UTC 2006

What i've ended up doing is ugly , but it works.

i've written a script that runs rndc querylog to stop the logging, then
i cp the named.log file.
echo nothing into the file. Then run rndc querylog again.

If i mv the named.log file, then turn querylogging on again it doesnt
write into named.log anymore which doesnt help me much . ;)

I know its ugly, but it does what i need to too, which is break down
the query's by hr for additional parsing and statistic collection.

Thanks