bind newb needing guidance

Nick Jones nicholas-jones at
Thu Sep 14 16:35:35 UTC 2006

Hello, please disregard any previous posts and comments about BIND
from me.  I have found quite an excellent solution to my problem in
dnsmasq.  It is very simple to set up, and does DNS (not really DNS I
imagine) as well as DHCP and can be configured to respond to MX record
requests and such.  It is definitely no BIND, but for doing small
private network setups where DNS and DHCP are needed, this is a very
nice, and easy to configure tool for doing this.

Thanks for your time Kevin.