Virtual Hosts, Reverse Lookup and Mailserver

susikaufmann2003 at hotmail.com susikaufmann2003 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 09:50:39 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a Linux server with about 15 domains and 1 IP, that's why I use
virtual hosts. So far, no problem, but now I have seen, that the
reverse lookup of the domains is not correct. It gives back one of the
domains (the "inclusive" Domain to my webserver). But this is not good
for mailing, because I had problems to receive some mails, because of
wrong reverse loookup...

So, how can I (easily) correct this, so that the reverse lookup of e.g.
exampledomain.com leads not to myinclusivedomain.com?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Susanne