Virtual Hosts, Reverse Lookup and Mailserver

susikaufmann2003 at susikaufmann2003 at
Tue Sep 19 09:50:39 UTC 2006

I have a Linux server with about 15 domains and 1 IP, that's why I use
virtual hosts. So far, no problem, but now I have seen, that the
reverse lookup of the domains is not correct. It gives back one of the
domains (the "inclusive" Domain to my webserver). But this is not good
for mailing, because I had problems to receive some mails, because of
wrong reverse loookup...

So, how can I (easily) correct this, so that the reverse lookup of e.g. leads not to

Thank you in advance for any help,