bind-9.3.2-33.fc5

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Tue Sep 26 01:52:50 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 06:57:12AM -0700, Shaheen wrote:
> I also have internal DNS server the same version and let me give you an
> example about what happened.
> example.com = 1.1.1.1 then changed to 2.2.2.2
> from internal DNSexample.com resolves to 2.2.2.2, but External DNS
> still resolves to 1.1.1.1
> when i restart the daemon or rndc flush it starts resolving to 2.2.2.2

If the second server is slaving its copy of the zone to a "master" copy
on the first server, then you have forgotten to update the zone's serial
number.  Otherwise, the TTL has not expired on the old record, even
though you have changed the old record.  No matter what name server you
use, there will be some propagation delay.

--
Joe Yao