bind-9.3.2-33.fc5

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Wed Sep 27 21:07:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 11:11:44AM -0700, broadcast wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Kirk wrote:
> > Forgive me if this is not true, but it seems that you are
> > mis-understanding the point being made by most everyone that has
> > kindly replied to your questions.
> >
> > The problem you are experiencing is *most* likely *not* a
> > mis-configuration on your part, but on the DNS administrators
> > responsible for the domains which are failing.
>
> Well, Thank you Kirk for the enlightment, I know exactly what Mark and
> others were talking about and I am sure that there is a problem with
> the remote DNS configuration.

This is what is called "copping an attitude".  It is the opposite of
useful.  Frustration at the lack of immediate gratification is ...
somewhat ... understandable.  But some degree of tolerance is part of
the price of free support for your software.

I am pretty sure a useful suggestion was made the other day, about using
the "-4" flag in your startup file if you are pretty sure that IPv6 is
part of your problem.  We have not yet heard any feedback about what
happened when you tried this.

--
Joe Yao