Secondart Server : question.

Dixon, Justin Justin.Dixon at BBandT.com
Mon Apr 2 15:08:19 UTC 2007

Behalf Of
> Ricardo Martinez
> Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:39
> To: bind-users at isc.org
> Subject: Secondart Server : question.
>
> Hello list.
> 	I have a question about a secondary DNS server.
> 	If i have in my primary server this configuration for
named.conf:

> 	view "internal-in" in {

> 	    zone "mydomain.net" in {
>                 type master;
>                 file "db.mydomain.net";
>
>                 allow-query {
>                 any;
>                 };
>         };

> 	view "external-in" in {

> 	    zone "mydomain2.net" in {
>                 type master;
>                 file "db.mydomain2.net";
>
>                 allow-query {
>                 any;
>                 };
>         };

> 	i need to use the exact same configuration in my secondary
server?, but adding the
> "master" parameter.  I mean, do i need to add the external and the
internal in the
> secondary ?
> 	Hope that someone can help me
> 	Thanks
>
> Ricardo.-

The views statements will be needed on the slave server you will need to
change the zone type to slave.

Also see the FAQ at http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/FAQ.php for using TSIG to
segregate zone transfers with views enabled to ensure that the zone
transfer updates the correct view of the zone...

Justin Dixon