Make aliases that don't transfer?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Apr 3 15:18:58 UTC 2007

Either I didn't understand your last line or I didn't explain the setup
here correctly.   There is only one zone file for the aliases.  It
doesn't matter if any of the subsequent transfers are OK from that
standpoint because it doesn't create multiple zone files even though it
shows multiple transfers.  It is a single zone file and that is only
that single zone file that transfers even if it transfers it multiple
times.

Perhaps by RFC it "should" be individual zone files.   However since it
has been running this way for a few years it's obvious that there no
"must" to it.  I'm not truly averse to creating multiple zone files if
that is truly required - as noted though I'd like to know (other than
not meeting RFCs) what the downside to having it this way is.